Saturday January 21, 2017 -12 Noon Pennsdale-Clarkstown Ride also called the “Snow….., we don’t have any stinking snow!” ride.
I know it is January but they are calling for some sun and temperatures near 50 degrees F so the Prez and First Lady will be leading a early season ride from the Pennsdale Fire Company parking lot at 12 Noon. I can adjust the ride depending on the riders that day. I have shown two versions below. The plan is to all start together and split off at the decision point near Hughesville. The First Lady will lead the shorter flatter loop past the quarry and I will lead the group up to 864 and the downhill on Quaker Church Road back to Pennsdale. Just remember that there will be gravel/ antiskid on the roads this time of year.
- Name of Leaders- Michael and Lisa Hnatin
- Contact info-cell phone 570-279-1089, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting time Noon! (Don’t be late unless you text me.)
- Start location: Pennsdale Fire Company parking lot (see maps below)
- General name of the route- Pennsdale Clarkstown Loop
- Ride with GPS or other map linka 16 mile course https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12549402A slightly longer 25 mile course that finishes off with some hills. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12549510
- Distance in miles- 17 to 25 miles depending on course.
- Pacing Description: 10 to 13 MPH (It is the middle of winter and some of us have not been riding the wind trainer as much as we should be.) but we will wait at all the turns so no one gets lost!
- Climbing Description: The 17 mile loop only has a couple of small rollers. The 25 mile version has the long gradual climb out of Picture Rocks with a short steeper section right at the top.
- The Country Store Cafe has pretty good barbeque and beverages for those interested in lunch after the ride.